Thursday, May 08, 2008

Guest Artist in Residence

It was rainy all day Wednesday, which isn't good shootin' weather. Especially since I don't have a foul-weather rig for my gear. Pretty sure M wouldn't see "shooting in the rain which caused massive leakage in the D100 leading to shorts and general malfunction" as a good enough reason to get a new camera.

I tried some indoor shots of my office neighbor's Gerber daisies, but they seemed blah, too. Great color, decent arrangement. But totally, completely done a million times before. I decided not to bore you.

Which leaves me in a bit of a pickle as I have no Photo of the Day. Oh, sure, I could go back through my archives and dig something out, but I'd rather have something recent.

Then, as I was perusing folders on the Mac, I found a recent image that I believe is a rare treat for all of us.

It's Zoe's first photograph. Yes, Grasshopper has made the leap to behind the camera and making her own images. Okay, so maybe it was beside the camera while Mommy held it because she hasn't quite gotten the hang of closing one eye and looking through the viewfinder with the other. All in good time, young Jedi, all in good time.

But she moved the camera to where she wanted it, and she pushed the button. Result:

You know, it's not bad for a first shot. I mean, sure, the subject is almost dead-center, which is basic newbie instinct, and the horizon is just a wee bit tilted, but exposure is rock solid and she's got great depth of field.

The best part was seeing her face light up when she heard the shutter trip. Ah, I know that feeling. It was like looking in a mirror. Shutters make the most wonderful sound in the world. Well, to some of us, anyway.

So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the visual feast I have uploaded here for your pleasure. Feel free to download it and use it as your computer desktop wallpaper. I'm almost positive she hasn't gotten around to officially copyrighting it yet, seeing as how she was busy today, playing and pooping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home