Saturday, May 03, 2008

Amigos Cantina

In one of my previous posts, I wrote about the authentic Mexican restaurant that newly opened in a nearby community, and how as soon as I saw it, I knew I was going to shoot it. And I knew I was going to shoot it in color, create a duplicate layer, desaturate it, and then erase to let the natural color of just the storefront pop through from the original layer. I knew all that within 10 seconds of seeing the place.

Well, I did do it. And here it is. Doesn't it just look like a fun place? Doesn't it just look like a place you could go in, drink three or four margaritas (who's counting?), have your husband take your inebriated butt home and then show up to present at a staff meeting at 8 a.m. the next day with cobwebs in your head? Yeah, I thought so, too.

FYI, I highly recommend Amigo's Cantina on Jefferson in Kirkwood. Great food, wonderful atmosphere...the works. Just don't go on a night I'm going. I don't want to have to wait for a table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home