Monday, May 05, 2008

Runnin' and shootin'

Went for a run this morning, which is notable for two things: it's the first time I've run in weeks (I know, I know...slacker girl!) and I went running outside. I've been a treadmill runner for a good while now (when I am actually, you know, running), and feel pretty good about it. I figure hey, at least I'm running. But then the weather finally turned nice (beautiful, really), and I decided to try the Asics on asphalt. Concrete, to be more precise, but I was striving for aliteration there.

So I headed out today and learned two things: I hate going up hills and I really stink at modulating my speed. But I persevered and stuck to it and ran over 30 minutes (which is about 2.5 miles on the treadmill), and figured that it was more of a workout than the treadmill runs because there were actual hills to conquer and overgrown tree branches to dodge.

About fifteen minutes in, my iPod crapped out. Again. I think it's decided that being used on a regular basis is really overrated and that it's just not going to cooperate unless it feels like it. So I cursed (it's hard to curse when you're huffing and puffing, by the way) and pulled the ear buds out and ran on in silence with nothing but the chipper morning birdies to listen to. I always liked birdies in the morning, except when I'm pounding up a hill and they seem to be mocking me with their sweet little twitters and peeps. $#!%ers. Then a few minutes later I heard the faint strains of Linkin Park wafting up. What the ?! The iPod, apparently, got bored with not playing music and skipped from The Cure to something a little more its taste. My iPod seems to have quite an attitude.

Anyway, on my run I came across the photo o' the day for tomorrow, which meant that after returning home I had to hop in the car with the big dog camera and go back down the street to get the shot. Yeah, yeah, I know, I should have just run down there, but I was out of time at that point and really, really don't relish the idea of running with a big camera and heavy lens strapped to the front of me. I already have to use a mega-strength sports bra to keep the girls from injuring myself and innocent bystanders, let's not compound the issue by trying to jog with photography gear.

So, all in all, today is already shaping up to be a great day. Little bit of exercise, little bit of photography, little bit of work...okay, maybe I should go do more work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home