Monday, April 07, 2008

The Penultimate Compendium

My Ted Orland poster came Friday!!!

It's so freakin' cool. I was totally jazzed just pulling the tube out of the mailbox (who leaves a giant poster tube hanging out of a standard size mailbox on a busy road? my idiot mailperson, that's who. he's damn lucky nothing happened to it.) and cutting through the tape to pull it out. I wriggled with excitement unrolling it to see it. I mean, how cool is it that I was going to see a brand new Photographic Truths poster that wasn't even posted on Mr. Orland's site yet?!

And then, I spotted it.

He signed my poster.

Holy &$%#.

Right there under the giant photograph of Ansel. "For Amy!" and then his signature. I think I may have actually screamed at that point, but only the cats were around so it was okay.

Beano asked what it looks like. You can check it out here, as Mr. Orland now has it posted for sale on his site.

Everyone I've told this story to has asked, "How did he find your blog?" Beats me. How does anyone stumble across my little slice of cyber heaven? I'm just glad he did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home