Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Heart Photoshop

Today my aunt Jo asked me, "Can you remove the background from this photograph? I really like it, but the background is distracting."

I'm all about helping friends and family photographically, so of course I said, "Yep!" I've done a few restorative and clean-up jobs in the past, but this one was a particular challenge. Lots of angles, small crevices, that sort of thing. To give you an idea of what I had to do, I'll tell you that for much of this I worked with a virtual "brush" that was 4 pixels wide. That's pretty damn small.

Still, doing something like this is quite relaxing for me, and even, dare I admit, fun. I put on some good tunes, fire up Photoshop and work away like a busy bee. I was pretty pleased with my final result:
But of course, you know I can't stop at that. It would be too boring, too vanilla.

I dug into my archives.

This was way more fun than doing my statistics homework.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is just too damn awsome! You rock! I hope Joann loved it.

I think I could come up with a whole lot of pictures that you could have fun with. Give me a few years to come up with them (just kidding)

Love you Aim
Mom XOXOXOXOXO

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those fucking ROCK!!!!

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home