Thursday, January 31, 2008

She lives!

Well, I have survived The Conversion. Barely.

Actually, it went incredibly well. We had awesome trainers, and willing staff (for the most part), and the tremendous amount of work done prior to going live helped make everything nearly seamless.

I could have used more sleep, as working from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. is a tad bit draining, never mind coming home and trying to slog through two chapters in a graduate accounting text book.

I hit the wall yesterday, though. I picked up the trainers at 7:30 and took them to the airport before coming in to work. Then, once I got here, I had to fix a few minor issues and catch up on some things that had been back-burnered during the conversion. About 3:30 I realized that I had been sitting at my desk, staring at my screen for about 15 or 20 minutes and hadn't done anything. I hadn't clicked or typed. I hadn't made any phone calls, or scribbled any notes. I hadn't even had so much as a single thought flutter through my addled brain. I had simply zoned for 20 straight minutes.

That's when I decided it was time to go home and sleep. So I did. And it was good.

And now it's snowing and I have a meeting in 20 minutes, so I'll do the meeting and then I'll go home and snuggle with my DoodleBug and play and then, after she goes to bed, study some more, and then go to bed myself. And then tomorrow I'll call a snow day and stay home.

And maybe post to the blog some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home