Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm going to see dead people

Today is rather a let-down after all the excitement of BAS Day.

M and I went to work early, so we could leave early, so we can attend the opening of the Saint Louis Science Center's Body Worlds 3 exhibit. The spa is sponsoring the exhibit and so we received two tickets to tonight's shindig...the fancy party before the exhibit opens to the public. M and I will be representing the spa, which means we get to mingle with hoity-toity folks, eat and drink, and see the exhibit before anyone else does. How cool is that?!

I've heard mixed feelings on the Body Worlds concept. Lots of people are just grossed out that you're looking at actual human bodies that have had the skin removed. M and I are intrigued. I think it might be different if it were all bloody and gory, but from what I've seen, the bodies look like those plastic anatomical models we had in high school biology classes. Plus, I don't know these people. It's not like you're munching on a crab puff while inspecting Uncle Pete's liver. I did just fine in high school with dissecting worms and frogs and stuff, and this exhibit promises to be far less stinky than that, so I think I'll be good.

And I'm not worried about M at all. He's the guy who watched every bit of his wife's c-section, going, "Man, this is so freakin' cool! You're, like, all cut open and your guts are hanging out down there, and yet you're still awake and talking to me!" The boy knows just what to say in every situation.

So those are our plans for tonight. I'll let you know tomorrow how the exhibit is. If you're interested in going, I suggest you purchase tickets early. I heard on NPR yesterday that the Science Center has already sold 25,000 tickets. It's here for a limited time, so don't delay if you want to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home