Monday, June 04, 2007

A Midnight Carnival

I found a new photographer through Lenswork whose work I really like, and I'm trying desperately to find a link I can post here so I can share him with everyone. I'm firmly against "borrowing" other peoples' work, even if it's in the name of promoting that person to the world. I try to think of it like this, "would I like it if I was out cruising around the Web and some random person had placed my images on his/her site, even if they were credited to me?" Nope. I wouldn't. I'd think it was rather creepy as a matter of fact.

A few months ago, I received a call from a woman who wanted information on using our spa's conference room for a self-help seminar. She was calling on behalf of a life coach who wanted to reach a new audience. Namely, our clients. She was rather odd on the phone, not really giving much information and being sort of shady about the whole deal. A few of us tried talking to her, and none of us couldn't get anywhere. Finally, my colleague googled the life coach's name and discovered that he's got some pretty hefty referrals on his site. In other words, he's no slouch. She e-mailed him, stating what our experience had been, and requested working directly with him instead of the woman, if he were indeed interested.

We received an immediate response: the woman had attended a seminar of his, but in no other way was she affiliated with him or his business. She had taken it upon herself to "share" him with the world and had determined what she thought was the best way to do that, and started making phone calls.

Folks like that, kindhearted though they may be, give me the willies.

I don't want to give anyone the willies, or the heebie jeebies, or whatever you call it.

Ahhh, finally found the link.

FYI, my favorite is the one in the upper left corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home