Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hey Oh

I got to secret shop a competitor yesterday.

Which means...

I received a really good massage and some time in a steam room, and I got paid to do it. I even got reimbursed for mileage to get there and back.

I so have the best job in the entire world.

If everyone got to work for a spa, there would be a lot less stress in the world.

Music Recommendation of the Day
My newest favorite CD is Stadium Arcadium by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Oh. My. Gosh. It's fantastic. Well, I should say they are fantastic, since the album actually consists of two separate CDs, Mars and Jupiter. What's surprising is that the CDs are equally great, although I am partial to Mars because it has Snow (Hey Oh), which is phenomenal. I know it's phenomenal because not only do I love it, but M loves it too.

I never pegged him to be a Chili Pepper fan, really, because they're rather quirky, and he typically doesn't go for bands that I go completely crazy over (The Cure, Green Day, Daniel McKenzie, etc.). He loves Snow, though. And I know this because a.) he sings along in the car, which only happens when he really digs the music and b.) it makes him drive fast.

We purchased the CD at Target this past weekend, and were driving home with the windows down and the music blaring (it was beautiful outside, and Zozo was home with her grandma), and I was leaning back just enjoying the music, when I noticed that we were going considerably faster than the rest of the cars on the highway.

M was sitting over there, grooving out, and going over 80 miles an hour. I said, "This song makes you drive fast!" and he grinned maniacally and said, "Yeah!"

Snow is great, but there are other tracks that are equally good. I recommend Slow Cheetah, Strip My Mind, Especially in Michigan, Desecration Smile and Tell Me Baby, too. Among others.

Another great CD I recommend is Wonders of the World by Long Beach Dub Allstars. Also quirky, and fun. Received that from my bro Steve this past weekend, which put me over the top into sheer new music nirvana and makes my ears incredibly happy.

New music, just in time to go with weather that's conducive to windows-down, radio-blaring, sing-it-like-you-mean-it-baby action. Well, not today, actually, as it's rather nippy out. But you know.

I love it when I get new music!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home