Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring is sprung!

Ahhhh, what a lovely weekend!

Friday: fish fry
Saturday: two walks, lunch with Grammy, GG and Aunt KK, dinner with Grandpa Ray and Judy
Sunday: two walks (one with Daddy, one without after he left for Vegas), White Castle picnic lunch at Love Park, swinging on the swing in the backyard...

The weather this weekend was absolutely gorgeous. Couldn't have been better. Flowers are in bloom. Trees are turning green. Lovely.

All in all, very restful. Well, except for the fact that M can't hardly sleep with his arm being so painful and that we were both dreading him leaving.

Zozo peed on her potty again last night. I swear at some point I will stop giving you blow-by-blow descriptions of her potty adventures. I'm just so dang proud!

Oh, and she learned to scale the ottomans in the library Saturday afternoon. Sigh. Guess we can't use them as barriers any more.

M is in Vegas now, and will be there until late Friday night. After he left, I kept myself busy to try to not think about him being gone. Zozo and I ate dinner and went for a walk, came back and had potty time, then a bath. After she went to sleep I emptied the trashcans, cleaned the litter box and took out the trash and recycling. Put all the screens in the windows. Started cleaning the copper fountain, which, by the way, was a total mess and turned my fingernails green. I got all the gooky parts off, though, so now I just need to get some copper polish and finish it all up.

That's about it from the Lou. Wish I had more to report!

Dang, I've put absolutely nothing witty in this one. So, I'll end with this:

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home