Saturday, December 09, 2006

Par-tay!

Today is Grand Lighting Party Day, and I'm pleased to report that, at least up to now, I'm relatively stress-free. Got the house cleaned last night and spent the morning doing some last-minute, loose-ends tying. For the last hour I've actually sat on my butt and watched a DVD. How cool is that?

Well, I've got a few theories about what is actually happening.

1. We've done this so many times now that we've got it down pat, and have all the kinks worked out.

2. The extra week of "down-time" from the power outage last weekend gave us the time we needed to do this without freaking out.
3. Since we haven't let the finished basement become the Dumping Ground between parties, like we usually do, it took way less time to get it picked up and decorated.

4. I've forgotten some colossal task and won't figure it out until I have a house full of guests. Commence freaking.

Everything seems to be going along swimmingly. Even the weather is cooperating (Mother Nature's mea culpa from the ice storm, I guess).

Next post will be tomorrow...post-party. It'll be my post-party post. Ha. See? I even have enough time to crack lame jokes. Oy. I'll be sure to fill you in on the colossal task I can't remember right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home