Sunday, December 10, 2006

Happy Birthday Beano!

Today is my sister's birthday, which is way cool. Unfortunately, I can't blog about my feelings for her because she's getting married February 3. Now, what's that got to do with the price of tea in China, you ask? Well, see, I'm the maid of honor (or matron of honor, if you prefer, since I'm an old married lady) and therefore expected to give a speech at the reception. I've been working on it for awhile now, and it's got all kinds of bits and pieces from all our years together of messy and lovely sisterlyness tied in to it, and really at this point I can't separate the speech from my feelings for her, which means that if I posted today, on her birthday, about what she means to me, I'd just spoil the whole speech.

And wouldn't that be a total bummer?

So, let's just say this: To Beano, on your birthday, I love you more than you will ever know, and I need you more than you will ever know, and I will always be here for you. I'm so thankful that we are sisters, and I can't imagine my life without you. I hope you had a great birthday, and I hope this next year is as wonderful as it promises to be. Happy Bing Bong Birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home