Sunday, November 19, 2006

At-Bat Songs

I think it's interesting how the great big ol' World Wide Web is out there and yet I can't find the at-bat songs for the 2006 World Championship Cardinals. Doesn't seem like too much to ask, does it? These guys come up to the plate all season long, usually (hopefully) multiple times in a game, and they always have the same song play for them when they come up. It's just a snippet, because they're to the plate and digging in before you know it, and heaven knows we can't be disrupting Clemens or Pinetar Rogers or whomever is psyching themselves up on the mound to hurl against our sluggers.

I found little bits of info here and there, like Eckstein likes to come up to Number One Spot by Ludacris (makes perfect sense, as he bats in the one spot), and Pujols prefers Out of Eden's Different Now. Rolen was using Rollin' by Limp Bizkit a couple seasons ago, but for the life of me I can't figure out if he was still using it last season. Molina's at-bat song is Gasolina by Daddy Yankee. Someone, I think it's Belliard, was using Yeah! by Usher. Maybe it was Edmonds, I dunno. Can't remember. No wait, I think Edmond's was Back in Black by AC/DC. McGwire's was Welcome to the Jungle by Guns 'n Roses, if I remember correctly.

I'd love to create a Cards At-Bat playlist on the 'pod, just because they're all good songs with groovy beats, and it'd be cool to have. If any of you have any other clues as to who was using what song this last season, I'd love to hear them. Just maybe my blog will become the one place on the 'Net where one can find the entire at-bat playlist for the 2006 World Championship Cardinals.

What would your at-bat song be? What do you want thumpin' through the sound system at Busch III while you're stepping up to the plate? One of M's choices was Baba O'Riley by The Who. Excellent idea, I think. Mine might have to be American Woman by The Guess Who, or the remake of it by Lenny Kravitz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home