Thursday, May 22, 2014

Chop chop

Relief! Chopped the fuzz today. M is not pleased, but I have received a ton of compliments already and I love it. It's not so short that it borders on masculine, but short enough to be easy to style, cool for the summer, and should maintain its style through most of the day. While I loved the look of my longer hair in the morning right after I styled it, by noon it invariably looked as frazzled as I felt.

Note to others: when someone gets a new hairstyle, stop at "It looks cute!" Do not add in "I never realized how much you look like your GRANDMA." (Emphasis mine.)

Really? I mean, I realize I'm forty and a half (yes, I'm going back to counting the half years like kids do...it's more fun that way) but grandma?! Say that I look like a younger version of Granny, or that you can see the family resemblance (which I can see too), but don't be all "Hey, nice old lady haircut."

'Cause that's how it came out. Just stop at "cute" or "adorable" or "sassy," which are all lovely comments received and appreciated.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go clean my dentures and wash my face with cold cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home