Friday, May 30, 2014

Arrived: Punta Cana

Holy day yesterday. Started at 3 a.m. and went to midnight, and included three airports, two flights, a woozy child (one ear didn't pop on the first flight), passports left in the car at the first airport (discovered and recovered amazingly quick thanks to M's ability to sprint), a crazy taxi-style ride through the Dominican, a gorgeous resort, beautiful room with a beachfront view, buffet dinner full of things I didn't recognize (I decided to be brave), cocktails, coupla beers, seashell hunting, floating in the ocean, and a Michael Jackson show.

I took a few pictures but wifi is limited here to my iPad, and I've not figured out how to transfer pix from my phone to the iPad yet, nor am I in any frame of mind to spend my vacation working on that. So photos when I get back Suffice it to say that it's gorgeous here. And that I don't really have to do anything if I don't want to.

I could get used to this.

Except for the wifi thing. That needs to be fixed by a minion, and it'd be great if he could also eliminate the $25 for 25 hours of internet time charge, too, limited to one device. I'm way too connected for this to be workable long-term. (Let me clarify that "connected" means to blogging and sharing photos and Instagramming, and reading news, etc. I am perfectly fine with being wholly disconnected from anything resembling work.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home