Sunday, September 15, 2013

bulbs

260:365

M is hard at work on Christmas, which makes us both happy.

I am still recovering from this stupid cold. It's just irritating at this point. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Zoe had her first soccer game of the season. They won 2-1, but not without a fair amount of excitement. Half our players went to the wrong field, so we played part of the first quarter with 6 girls against their 8, plus they had 4 or 5 on the bench as subs. Then, in the fourth quarter, my girl took a kick to the leg, right above her shin guard. I watched her crumple through my lens and waited for the whistle. It didn't come. Across the field, I heard M yelling, "Ref! Blow the whistle! Blow the whistle!" Then I heard myself screaming, "She's hurt! She's hurt! Stop the game!" Play continued, and Zoe gamely struggled to her feet, which is when the damn refs finally turned around to see what was going on. At this point, even the other team's coaches were screaming for play to stop. Since the refs saw Zoe on her feet, they wouldn't blow the whistle. I threw the camera into my chair and ran onto the field, rules be damned, hearing M now yelling, "Zoe! Sit down! Sit down! Sit down!" We got to her at the same time and checked her leg together. Then he scooped her up, carried her off the field, and the game went on.

Other parents later told me that I dropped an expletive as I ran out to her, which I don't remember, and they said I was in full "mama bear" mode. Well, yeah. Who wouldn't be?

She's fine, and had a huge grin on her face as she ran through the parent tunnel at the end and got her snack. It's amazing what a cookie can do.

Time for NyQuil and my pillow. Here's hoping I can breathe through my nose tomorrow and not ache all over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home