Thursday, April 11, 2013

lever

101:365

Our door levers arrived yesterday and were installed today. Our cabinet pulls were also installed, which makes me happy. Several things are not making me happy, but I'm sick of whining about it and so I won't.

ZoBug has a half day tomorrow, and so our Girl Scout troop has planned a hike. It'll be chilly, but should be sunny so I'm sure we'll have a good time. This Saturday we're doing April Showers, where we drop off shopping bags at homes, kind and generous people fill them with personal care items, and then they put them back out for collection. We are partnering with another troop at school, so we're handling the drop-off and they are doing the pick-up next weekend. It's definitely a Girl Scout week.

M picked up Zoe's softball uniform from school tonight - she's number 13! That's been his number for years so he's quite pleased. She was hitting up a storm at practice the other night; it was so much fun to watch. We need to work on fielding a bit, which is easy enough when we don't have 52 things to do each night or tornado warnings. I'm looking forward to playing catch with our daughter in our new back yard (which looks awesome with its sod, by the way).

I am also looking forward to soaking up the light in our new home. I don't know if it's the transoms or the clerestory or the high ceilings or what, but the light in that house is just incredible. No matter what time of day, it's gorgeous. Sunny or cloudy...doesn't make a difference. I want to live in that light. See it daily and feast on it.

When I discovered the door levers in a box by the front door this morning I wanted to snap a quick picture to text to M. The box was in a shadow, so I pulled out one lever and set it down a foot away, in front of the all-glass front door. It was about 7:50 or 8 o'clock, and the light was soft and gorgeous. This means after we move in passersby may frequently catch sight of the female homeowner crouched in front of her front door with a camera. Well, there are worse things they could see, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home