Saturday, March 16, 2013

bots

75:365

Went to the big regional robotics competition today. The boys at the school where I work had a bot and I was curious. Plus I figured M would like it. So, as a family, we got our collective geek on and watched robots compete nearly all day. It was awesome.

We even visited the pits where the teams work to ready the bots, and fix them after each round if needed. I was impressed.

The boys at my school work so hard on this, and get so little recognition. Which is where I come in. Robotics, or the promotion of, just might become my little pet project. I can get 'em more exposure and probably more funding. And I'll have a blast doing it.

Pic today is one of the wheels on our bot. It's shaped like that to allow quick, multi-dimensional movement.

I dig stuff like this.

Maybe I wasn't cut out to be an engineer (1.5 years at Rolla pretty well determined that as fact), but there is a part of me that really enjoys stuff like this. So, I'll see how I can use what talents I do have to benefit the team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home