Tuesday, March 26, 2013

an A in happiness

85:365

Parent-teacher conference at Zoe's school tonight. It's nice to hear someone unrelated who spends eight hours a day, five days a week with your kid tell you what a great kid you have. I mean, I always think she's a great kid, but I know I'm biased and therefore it feels good to have it objectively confirmed.

We reviewed spelling and math and reading and behavior, but my proudest moment was when Mrs. F said, "She is always smiling...she is always happy." That, for me, is what it's all about. I just want my kid to be happy.

This makes me feel good, and that all our efforts to keep the stress of wrecking and building our home away from her has worked. Ever since she was born, our goal has been to insulate her from our worries. Children should never be burdened with the cares of adults. She gets one shot at childhood, and I want her to look back and say, "Damn. That was fun."

Also, it's nice to hear that my daughter is a genius. (Mrs. F talked about her excellent printing and her creativity and I think dropped the word "smart," so I'm gonna go ahead and call that genius. Because I'm her mom and I can.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home