Sunday, November 25, 2012

tree

330:365

After a day cleaning the house (party room this time, plus project rooms and garages), I needed something good. Something magical. So while Zozer sang in the shower, M and I put up her purple Christmas tree on her dresser. She was thrilled!

With the purple Christmas tree comes Henry, her elf. He always waits until her tree is up, then he arrives for the season. She wakes up to find him perched amidst the branches, and then comes screaming in to let us know he's here.

She was a little concerned that he might not know where to go since we are living somewhere else right now, but we assured her that part of Henry's magic is that he'll always know where to find her, no matter what.

We just snuck in and found Henry a comfortable spot. I can't wait to hear her squeal in the morning.

Although I'm tired of being displaced, of living in a state of transition, I'm so happy about this holiday season. The early Christmas carols aren't bothering me, and when I popped in to the mall this morning to pick up some moisturizer I was thrilled to see all the decorations.

Maybe it's Zoe having enough spirit for the two of us. Maybe it's all the years of M working so hard to make the season special. Maybe it's that my Christmas present this year is the house of our dreams. Who knows. Whatever it is, I'll take it. It sure beats hating the holidays as I have most of my adult life.

On the first day of Christmas, my family gave to me...an elf in a purple Christmas tree...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home