Friday, November 16, 2012

unplugged

320:365

We saw M off to his retreat tonight. I'm so proud of him...he's going into this with an open mind and an open heart. He's been resisting for a long time, and I'm still not entirely sure why he changed his mind, but I'm glad he did and I'm excited. 

He was shockingly at peace with leaving his retinue of technology behind. No laptop, iPad, Blackberry. A complete disconnect. He said he was looking forward to it, and I believe him. 

I think I'm having a harder time with the disconnect than he will. We came home and I saw his gadgets scattered about and it felt weird. Like I am with my iPhone, he's never without the Blackberry at the very least. Over the last year he's been slowly giving up the laptop in favor of the iPad when we travel, so that's not too odd. Except that BOTH his laptops are here, along with his overstuffed backpack. 

And that's when it hit me. I had more communications access to him when he was around the world in Dubai than I do for the next 2.5 days. 

This weekend will be a time of growth and faith for us both. I will pray for him, and all the retreatants and team members. I will miss him, and love him, and give thanks for having him in my life. We will get to see himSaturday night, briefly, at his Candlelight, and I can't wait. Then, Sunday morning, he comes back home to us, hopefully renewed and filled with spirit and peace. 

He'll plug back in, just like I had to, but he'll see things differently and it will be good. 

Please pray for my M this weekend, if you're so moved, or send him good vibes or positive energy or whatever floats your boat. I just want him to know how much he's loved. 

(I sent this to the blog last night, but it appears it didn't post. Sending again...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home