Tuesday, November 27, 2012

authentic

332:365

The man is a force of nature. He can go without sleep. He can carry the workload of five colleagues. He rarely gets sick.

It's finally catching up to him.

It kills me that I can't help him sort his stuffed in-box or complete his duties as club president or finish the status update email he already started for the GC or handle even one iota of his job.

All I can do is love him, and try to make him laugh every once in awhile. And maybe, if I'm lucky, I can hide the crazy for a bit.

I have other images from today. Traditional "pretty" images.

But this one really captures where we are most days. Or nights, rather, after long, long days.

This 365 project has truly covered a wide range of experiences, and I think it's important to accurately show us, our authentic selves. The Japanese call the beauty in imperfection "wabi-sabi." We are all perfectly imperfect, and that's where we are most real. So to me, this photograph is the most beautiful image from today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home