Monday, August 20, 2012

pest

233:365

Went to bed too late, then was kept up by a furry pest who wanted to sleep on my head. Nearby wasn't close enough. Noooooo, he had to be ON me.

Overslept my alarm again, which makes me 2 for 2 so far this school year. Thankfully I have a rock star kid who is used to her mother being a mess and can fend for herself in the morning once I get her breakfast on the table and her sack lunch made.

Thought I'd go to bed earlier tonight but I caught up on more emails and just remembered that tomorrow is trash day and some other pressing tasks. I really wish I could function better on less sleep. Or that I could take a raincheck for sleep. "I will give you eight hours of sleep next Wednesday if you give me an uninterrupted night to get everything checked off my to-do list!" I don't really have time to sleep right now.

Girl Scouts is looming. First soccer practice is tomorrow. Homework has begun ("Dad! It was SO easy!"). And all my other assorted and sundry items. I'd say I just need a solid day but I had that last week and barely made a dent.

I have lectio tomorrow afternoon. It has become my one blessedly calm hour each week, which is only one of the many reasons I love it. And I am so thrilled that I have new resources to handle all the "stuff" going on. So far, the monks have given me way more than I've given them, yet they continue to pay me. It's really quite remarkable.

Amazing how I found exactly what I need when I didn't even know what I was missing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home