Wednesday, August 15, 2012

holy day of construction obligations

228:365

Today being a Holy Day, I was instructed to not come in to work. The monks prefer one spend the day in contemplative prayer.

I did pray today. I prayed through meetings with my window guy, my lead carpenter and sub carpenters, and my general contractor. I prayed through multiple phone calls with my architect, my window guy, and my GC. I prayed for the two people I talked to at the water company and the three at the sewer district and the lovely customer service lady with the power company's construction customer service team. Then I prayed for patience during another phone call from Shanghai that once again doubled my construction task list. All this before 5:30 mass for the Assumption of Mary.

Mary is my patron saint. I prayed to her fervently when I was struggling with infertility and she came through for me. She is the mother of all mothers and I asked for her intercession once again today while struggling to juggle all my tasks. Who knew building a house was so much work? (I'm kidding, people. I knew what I was in for when we started this, it just gets a little more complicated with trans-Pacific calls thrown in.)

Anyway. Mary must be helpin' me again (along with a lovely dinner out courtesy of my in-laws...thank you!) because I feel relaxed and at ease and confident that everything will indeed work out just as it should. Somewhat.

We'll get the Kynar finish on the windows, and the garage will have six of them instead of five, and the new ceiling heights in the project rooms (10' 8") and the main garage (8' 8") and the Corvette bay (???) will be just fine.

I should review the plans and figure out where my Mary statue (inherited from my grandmother who was named Mary) will go in the new house.

Tomorrow. I'll put that on tomorrow's task list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home