Friday, August 17, 2012

one

230:365

Day one, grade one.

She had a phenomenal first day of first grade. I can only hope the rest of the year follows suit.

As for me, I pulled my head out of my rear end and stopped feeling sorry for myself for no damn good reason. My apologies for the angsty wallowing yesterday. Tsk tsk. Bad blogger...no cookie!

My house should be done by the end of this year, or very early next, so I've already made my resolution for next year. 2013 shall be my Year of No.

No, I will not go back to school.
No, I will not build anything.
No, I will not volunteer to lead anything new.
No, I will not look for, apply for, interview for or start a new job.
No, I will not travel unless I want to.
No, I will not be anyone's "go-to" person for anything that takes more than 30 seconds to resolve.
No, I will not be the defacto team/class/party/yearbook photographer because I have the nicest camera in the parent body.

No, no, no, no, no.

Yes, I will sit at home on multiple consecutive nights and do absolutely nothing. And I will be lazy and sloth-like and my brain will atrophy and my only major concern shall be "what should I read next?"

If anyone has any ideas how to actually accomplish this, I would be much obliged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home