Tuesday, August 14, 2012

monks

227:365

Since all the monks are in town for their annual meeting, we arranged a community photograph. I was in awe in the presence of all these holy men. We have nearly 30 monks in our monastery, which is wonderful, although they request that we all pray for, or continue to pray for, vocations.

In my short time here, I have come to know many of these monks well enough that I have a whole new respect for them, and for what they sacrifice to live a religious life. They really are incredible. I am so blessed to have this job, and I'm enjoying every hurried, frazzled moment. There is so much good work to do that I can barely keep my head above the water. It's a fantastic way to earn a living, and I almost feel as though I'm cheating for I am learning so much I ought to be paying them.

Who knew monks could be so cool?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home