Wednesday, August 29, 2012

color

242:365

M said to me tonight, "I think we aren't getting enough sleep."

Duh.

He wanted to go to bed early. I told him I'd go to bed when I had all my stuff done. My stuff tonight included making rainbow cupcakes, wrapping gifts, finalizing a Girl Scout invite/info letter for the 1st grade parents of girls, taking said letter to Kinko's for copying, writing the note to Zo's teacher asking her and the other teacher to stick 'em in all the girls' take-home folders, icing the cupcakes, decorating Zoe's door with crepe paper, and cleaning the dining room table for gift and cupcake staging.

He fell asleep on the couch about an hour and a half ago, just like last night.

Today was another one of my insane days, but for some reason I felt much better equipped to handle it. Maybe it's because M was with me at the architect/carpenter meeting this morning (after he helped me get Zoe ready for school). Maybe because I had only two scheduled meetings at work today and was able to get some stuff done. (I say scheduled meetings because the number of colleagues who stop by my office daily is astounding. I had three interruptions in one 30 minute meeting this morning. I am loving it after working in near isolation at my last job.)

Maybe it's because our awesome girl turns seven tomorrow and I want to do everything I can to make her day the very best possible. She is a pretty powerful motivator!

My image today is of the rainbow cupcakes right before they went into the oven. I like how shiny the batter looks. They turned out great - well, they look pretty cool anyway. We'll see how they taste tomorrow. I iced them with white icing and sprinkled rainbow sugar confetti on top. I think she'll love them.

And I hope she knows how much I love her.

Happy Birthday Eve to my incredible daughter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home