Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Z-O-E in Chicago


We waited for brunch at a great spot called m.henry, and since it was nice, we sat outside on a small bench up against a window. And we talked, about this and that and everything under the sun, as we had been wont to do since I arrived. Our conversations were really just a continuation of our rambling e-mails. And as I we talked, I looked across the street at a variety of shops and let my mind wander photographically.

I've always loved letters and fonts and signs and the way people choose to represent themselves and their businesses. I love how letters form words and words form sentences and sentences form paragraphs and how all that is really the basis for communication. Zoe is working on letters and words at school so we spend a lot of time looking for letters and spelling things. We like to find Zs.

And across the street from me was a lovely Z. And two shops down was an O with a heart. And next to that was a big bakery with old-fashioned light-letters with a giant E. And I thought about my darling girl who surprises me every day with her quirkiness (she's saying, "FYI" in front of everything these days) and how these letters fit her and so I shot them. And then made myself a little ZOE composite in Photoshop.

She's with me everywhere I go, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home