Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Irish lass

Yesterday, for obvious reasons, was green and white day in the Bunny room at Zozer's school. Since the only green shirt she owns has candy canes and Christmas trees on it, we stopped at Target the other night and picked up a new t-shirt. The girl is 1/8 Irish, after all. It's important she be properly attired for St. Patrick's Day.

She picked up the beads and the "100% Irish" pin from Grandpa Ray, Great Aunt Joann and Great Uncle Cloyd. I must admit, I was a wee bit jealous. No one offered me any shamrock beads, and I'm a full 1/4 Irish. That's a whole 1/8 more than the Bug. Then again, I'm not small with pigtails and an infectious laugh.

So, a belated happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone. May your beer always be cold, and never, ever green. (Drank enough of that at Rolla, thankyouverymuch.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home