Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday news (or lack thereof)

I'm getting used to this no-school thing. I had some wine with dinner the other night. Last night I had a Sol with my quesadilla at Hacienda, then fell asleep on the couch before 9 p.m. I'm exercising every day, and my house is getting cleaned out. Tonight I plan to spend many hours goofing around in Photoshop. A girl could get used to this kind of life.

Donated blood today for me mam who has back surgery coming up. There are two bad parts to donating blood. 1.) The stupid finger prick they do to get a drop of blood for iron level testing. They have to do it on your finger and it hurts like hell and then you get a pesky band-aid that makes typing a pain in the butt. That's nothing, though, compared to 2.) having to disclose your weight in the pre-donation assessment. I once overheard a rather overweight woman answer brilliantly:

Red Cross: "How much do you weigh?"
Donor: "Why?"
Red Cross: "You must weigh at least 110 pounds to donate, for health reasons."
Donor: "Oh. Okay. Go ahead and put me down for 111."

I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Never had the guts to use that line myself, though.

Other than that, no news here. I haven't had to pull a Houdini to get my shirt on straight on the treadmill since last week. Zoe's feeling better (she had stomach flu over the weekend). M's birfday is Saturday...he's gonna be 38. Still gets carded, the turd.

If I get through some archived images tonight and find something worthwhile, I'll post it here. I've been rather remiss with the images lately. Time to get back to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home