Thursday, January 14, 2010

A new exercise routine?

It's easy to see how I could put my shirt on backwards when it's 5:10 in the morning and I'm keeping the room completely dark so as not to awaken my blissfully sleeping husband (I'm a good wife like that). What's not easy to see is how I can not realize that I've done that until I'm on the treadmill, at the gym, and just starting to run.

Being a multi-tasker of the highest order, I figured I'd just do a little switcheroo right quick and be good to go. No problem, right? I mean, I'm the girl who can get a bra off without removing her shirt, and that's saying something given the size of my bras. I figured I'd pull my arms in, rotate the shirt around, and put 'em back through the arm holes. Sounds easy enough and was, what I thought, a fairly logical plan. It sure beat getting off the treadmill and risk losing it to someone.

What I didn't count on is the fact that my exercise shirts, while sleeveless, are also fairly fitted. There's not really room inside the shirt for my torso, the "girls," and my arms. Which I didn't realize until, of course, my arms were both in there and relatively pinned.

This was the point that the treadmill, having finally woken up from sleep mode, decided to start moving. I lurched forward precipitously, trying to figure out how to get my arms out and the damn shirt turned around without killing myself or flashing the entire gym, and desperately hoping that the other early morning gym rats weren't awake enough to watch a heavy-set girl struggle to free herself from her own clothing while moving at a brisk pace on her treadmill.

I finally got free and avoided eye contact with the guy on the treadmill next to me, who I'm sure was either laughing his ass off or wondering if I was having some sort of fit.

Not a real graceful start to the day but I put in my two miles and so am quite pleased.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Amy G said...

Hilarious!!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home