Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Well, THAT'S a new one

Zoe finds all kinds of excuses to get out of bed after we've put her down. Drinks of water, potty runs, I can't find Hootie, I'm hot, etc. All the usual reasons kids have used through the ages.

Tonight, though, she reached a new level of creativity.

I exited my bathroom after washing my face to find a little girl standing in my bedroom, holding a small, plush owl.

"What are you doing?"
"Mommy, Hootie has to throw up, really, really badly."
"Oh. Okay. Well, let's get him a little bucket then."

So we found a small trashcan and I instructed her to let Hootie go to town.

She held him upside down over the trashcan and made retching sounds. Took everything I had to not laugh. Then she pulled him back, smoothed his "feathers," gave him a few pats and peered into the trashcan.

"I think he had bacon today. It looks like bacon chunks in his throw-up."

Oh, my.

Well, the child has an imagination, that's for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last week, while visiting GreatGrandma in the hospital, Zoe brought her little pink plastic cell phone to make a call. She calls a variety of people. Hoot. Grandma and Grammy are popular. Grandpa Ray. Great Aunt Margaret and Great Aunt Shelley are regulars. Anyway, she was "talking" to one of the aforementioned when GreatGrandma asked her a question. Zoe, with a stern look on her face and the phone still up to her ear, turned to her and said, in all seriousness, "GreatGrandma, I am on the phone. You have to be quiet, please."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a serious note, I'd like to make a call myself.

"Hello, world? Yes, please stop. I'd like to get off now. Thanks."

My prayer list is so long, I'd need a whole other blog to write it. Suffice to say that a whole shitload of people in my life need prayers right now, so please send some around. People with far bigger issues than I. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home