Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sidewalk chalk

Zozer and I cracked open her new giant tub of sidewalk chalk this afternoon (thank you, GG!). She exclaimed, "Look! It's like a rainbow!" I exclaimed, "Wait! Let me get the camera!" We drew all over our patio...smiley faces, ZOEs, stars, moons, a spider web (and accompanying spider, of course), and yes, a rainbow. Zoe asked me to "draw a hopscotch!" and I'll be darned if the little bugger didn't know how to use it.

We had our parent/teacher conference last night, where we went over some standardized testing the school does with all the students. Zoe scored right on the 4-year-old mark for everything but "building" and "numbers/math," where she scored at the 6-year-old level. I looked over to see M beaming. Yep, add another engineer to the family. In a few short years she'll be able to join the debates on the realism of certain Star Trek episodes with the rest of the engineer nerds in our family. As an art nerd, and pretty much the only art nerd, I feel a bit overwhelmed when in the presence of so much brain-power. I console myself with the fact that I have the nicest camera. Hey, whatever it takes.

Zoe is the Star of the Week in the Bunny room this week. That means she gets to wear a crown all week and be the teachers' helper and such. We made an "All About Zoe!" poster where she listed her favorite colors (purple and blue) and her favorite food (pancakes) and showed pictures of her family, her house (I used one of the images showcasing M's beautiful Christmas display, which led to a 15-minute explanation to her teachers), and her pets. There was a box where she was to list her friends. I asked her who they were, and her first response was, "Hootie!" So we posted an image of Hoot and then listed her little school buddies.

The poster rocks...it's such a great reminder of what an awesome little kid we have. I noticed today they have it posted in the classroom under a Star of the Week banner. And it's laminated. So it's all permanent-like now. I remember as a kid it was always way cool to have something laminated. Funny how some things never change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home