Thursday, September 24, 2009

Busy...but happy

40 hour work week + 20 hour school week + 10 hour image editing week + Mommy time = no time for blogging. Plus last night I went to a kickass lighting seminar hosted by Schiller's. Fanfreakintastic. They brought in this guy, Will Crockett, who is absolutely amazing with light. And gear. I've never seen someone who can so easily churn out a digital image that requires absolutely NO editing in Photoshop. I mean, I don't do much editing - the basics like curves and levels and sharpness - but this guy does none. I know he's working primarily in a studio setting and it's easier to get things right that way (you have much more control over your variables), but still. He threw together gorgeous portraits in minutes and made it look so easy. I'm sure the thousands of dollars of gear he had at his disposal helped, but still, you gotta know how to use all that stuff.

It was so cool to watch, and to be completely immersed in my little world of photography for three hours. We speak our own language, you know. And we all ooh and aah over strobes that you can control in increments of 1/10 of an f-stop. (All together now..."oooooooh!") I mean, really? 1/10 of an f-stop? That's insane!

Anyway, this week has been shot to hell with work and school and photography and having fun with Zozer...I'm having a blast but am turning into a zombie. At some point, a girl needs to sleep. More than, say, four or five hours a night.

Ah, well, that's why God made caffeine, right?

M returns from LA tonight. I fear he will suffer ESPN withdrawal, as he's quite enjoyed that this week. The other night he geeked out by watching Cardinals baseball and NFL football at the same time. The boy could hardly contain himself. I'm hoping he's not too jet-lagged upon his return. He's been going to bed on Anaheim time and waking up on St. Louis time all week, which means he's getting even less sleep than I. We are Mr. and Mrs. Zombie. At least we're in it together, eh?

That's about all I have. Wish I had something more exciting to post. Or even some images. Maybe tonight...if I can get my IT Management chapter read over lunch. Without falling asleep in the middle of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home