Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Impulse Owls

I am not a shopper. I've never been a shopper. Well, except for when I was pregnant with Zoe and apparently had enough estrogen for two of us. I was a pseudo-shopper, and it was temporary, and it quickly left after giving birth. I went back to my regular self who eschews girly-girl and champions photographic gear and comfortable shoes. Shopping for clothes is so not my thing. It's hell on earth for me, so I do it only when I have to (read: when my clothes are literally falling apart - I once went two years with pants whose hem was held in place by duct tape...hey, no one knew and it was only mildly annoying on cold days when the tape gave my leg a chill). I don't like buying things for the house as I don't like clutter. I prefer my glass to be in a lens and not in a ring. I have learned that material things do not make one happy.

Tuesday, though, on the way to lunch with two colleagues, I passed a small store and saw some little granite stones in the front window, and knew immediately that I had to have them. After lunch I stopped back by the shop and made my selections.

At home later, M asked, "What do we do with them?"
I answered, "I don't know, but they make me happy just to see them."

They will probably hang with me in the darkroom before going to roost in the library.

Our new parliament of owls

(And yes, I shot this myself, using freshly remembered skills thanks to my new kickass lighting book, two pieces of copy paper and a desk lamp. I've managed to impress myself this evening...look at that beautiful sweep and gorgeous falloff!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You should have added Hootie to this picture purely so we could play "One of These Things is Not Like the Other".

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home