Sunday, September 06, 2009

Fall begins

Other than the unseasonably cool weather, I got my first sign of fall today. I guess you could say this is my first visual queue to the change of the seasons.

I hope when Zoe is all grown up and has her own children and grandchildren, she tells stories of her crazy mommy asking Daddy to "Pull the car over!" in the Target parking lot so she can hop out to make pictures of tree leaves.

I love fall. I love the colors in the trees and the crispness to the air. I love fall clothes, the safety and security of being bundled up without the bulk of coats, scarves, hats and gloves that winter requires. I love caramel apples and football season and bonfires and hot chocolate. I love the significance of transition (also a bonus feature of spring).

I love Halloween, and that Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday) is just around the corner. Hooray for fall!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home