Friday, July 03, 2009

Miner's Bean Kettle

I don't remember really reading what was painted on the front of the little shack when I photographed it. M had pulled off because I saw green doors in an old stone building and I wanted to shoot it. We were driving from Yosemite to San Jose to return the rental car and hop a train to Emeryville, and thankfully had built in some "hey, pull over, there's an image there" time. I made several exposures of the doors, and then spotted the shack. Popped off a few shots of it, too, while balancing on the edge of the road trying to avoid other rental cars zooming by.

Only tonight, when working closer with the image, that I was able to zoom in enough to read "Miner's Bean Kettle." Doesn't that just raise so very many questions? It's this...the unknown history...that I find intriguing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home