Tuesday, February 19, 2008

On the edge of relapse

I'm teetering right on the edge. I so want to get a Britney update right now.

No! NO! Fight it!

I thought that going on-line and checking in my on-line classroom for discussion forum updates would quench my thirst. Turns out accounting is no match for the allure of a celebrity trainwreck.

Although I was happy to discover that I am successfully enrolled in my next class, Applied Business Statistics. Stop it. Yawns are contagious.

I also quadruple-checked the edition of the required textbook. It's the fifth, thankyouverymuch. Let's avoid a repeat of this term's textbook purchase malfunction/hyperventilation episode, shall we?

In an effort to keep myself on the wagon, I have just deleted the "Posts from the Britney Spears Category" link out of my favorites. I am proud of this, as I had to essentially do it twice since Bill Gates thinks that every time I make a move on my computer it's necessary to ask, "Are you sure you want to send Britney Spears to the recycle bin?" Oh, you have no idea how much I'd like Britney to go to the recycle bin. And stay there.

M is stopping at Borders on the way home to pick up the new Cartier-Bresson book. He took the 40% off coupon with him this morning. I think he desperately hopes that this will help kick the Britney habit. You'd think that night after night of me having to shamefully reply to his query of "Whatcha doin'?" with "Lookin' up Britney" would have been enough to do it, but no. I'm a weak, weak woman.

Help me, Henri! You're my only hope! (Said in my best Carrie Fisher/Princess Leia impersonation voice.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home