Monday, January 07, 2008

Warning: NOT for kids to read

Or those who might be offended by profanity/expletives/cursing. Just a heads-up, you know, so you can stop reading now if you're going to be offended. Because I really don't have time to read hate mail these days.

I have so little spare time these days that I'm stunned I actually got six hours of sleep last night (they were six solid hours, though, since I was flat-out exhausted by the time I finally fell into bed).

So, in an effort to keep the blog from going the way of the dodo this next month, I'm going to attempt to at least post a little snippet every day. Or every other day. Or once a week. Anyway, whenever I post, it won't be my usual diatribe, so if any of ya'all feel like complaining about it, feel free to send me your own submissions to post in my place.

Zoe, as you all know, is learning to speak. She is doing remarkably well, and is now actually putting words together to form sentences. The sentence of the weekend was, "We go that waaaaaay. Okaaaaaay." Which was said about a bazillion times, mostly in Kohl's.

But she's got a few words she is still struggling to pronounce correctly.

Like "sock."

Which comes out rather differently, and not in a good way.

She substitutes an "f" and a "u" for the "so."

Are you following me?

It's funny as hell, although we've done a fairly good job of hiding our amusement when she says it, which is often since "sock" is one of her most favorite words.

So, every morning when she gets dressed, she pulls open her sock drawer and says, "F*ck! F*ck! F*ck!"

Then she looks at her different colors and says, "Purple f*ck! Yeddow (which is yellow) f*ck! White f*ck!"

Last night she was putting her dirty clothes down the laundry chute and she made this pronouncement: "F*ck! F*ck! TWO f*cks!"

That was the point where M and I pretty much lost it.

You won't look at your socks the same way again today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home