Friday, December 21, 2007

A brief review

Okay, I've been a bad blogger. (Bad blogger! Bad!)

What with getting ready to start the MBA classes (enroll, register, get the textbooks, get registered on-line, pay for the dang thing, etc.), Christmas just around the corner, and gearing up for this major software conversion (which yours truly is spearheading, natch), I've been a wee bit busy.

It's only gonna get worse, folks. I'd say pretty much count me out for, oh, January.

I'll try to be better, but these next couple weeks are gonna be hell. Last night, for instance, instead of planting my fanny in front of the Mac and holding a virtual one-sided conversation with the blogosphere, I stood at my kitchen counter and wrapped 1,472 presents. Okay, maybe not that many, but it was a lot. They're all done, and since they're wrapped in my pretty sparkly paper I got for pennies on the dollar from Globe Drug, they're quite nice to look at. If I had the time.

I really should take time to stop and gaze at the gifts. (Since roses aren't really in season and I don't particularly care for their smell anyway.)

The greatest gift anyone could give me next year, really, would be this suggestion, "Hey, let's not exchange gifts this year!"

I am missing my blog, though, because I've had so many great subjects to riff on lately and haven't had the time.

Here's a short list (and maybe a reminder to me to write about them eventually):
  1. The woman at my new Starbucks calls herself "Big Momma."
  2. Am I really seeing more car wreaths, or just the same car over and over?
  3. Gift bags are the greatest invention. Ever. But they aren't as pretty as sparkly wrapping paper tied with a beautiful snazzy tulle bow.
  4. How much I love my new vacuum. It sucks. Totally. Which is good. (And the story of what happened with the old vacuum. For those of you who are Blues Brothers fans - the original one, not the crappy sequel - picture the Bluesmobile falling apart at the end when Elwood parks in Daly Plaza.)
  5. Solicitations for advice on how to stop the Chicken Little people I work with from constantly predicting The End of the World As We Know It with this software conversion.
  6. Zoe's newest capers and words (which require translation. For example: "barf" really means "scarf," thankfully)

Okay, must run. Plans await. (When do they not, this time of year?!)

In case I don't get back to this again...

Merry Hanukwanziday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home