Friday, December 07, 2007

I'm not ready for my close-up, Mr. Demille

Two of the most humiliating things for me (for most people, actually) are:

1. Having to watch yourself on TV. In front of other people.
2. Having to read something you wrote out loud. In front of other people.

I got to do both this morning at our staff meeting. Ugh. I should probably get over it, though, as I'm fairly positive my boss will make me repeat it two more times for our other locations' staff meetings.

It's not cool to have broken into a cold sweat before 9 a.m.

M's return to STL was delayed by foul weather in Chicago yesterday. Given how nasty it was here last night I'm rather glad he wasn't hurtling toward the ground from 30,000 feet in a tin can, though I was looking forward to seeing him again.

I've got the basement pretty much ready for tomorrow night. I'll just run the sweeper Saturday afternoon and we should be good to go. I think it's so cool that the more parties you throw, the easier it becomes, and the less you stress about it. Maybe I should apply that theory to watching myself on TV in front of other people.

Nope.

Don't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home