Monday, December 03, 2007

Ramblings

I now firmly believe that BCS does not stand for Bowl Championship Series. No, indeed, it stands for Big Crock of Shit. Which is what it is that Mizzou does not get a BCS bowl game despite their kick-ass season. Friggin' Kansas gets a BCS bowl game, despite being ranked lower than Mizzou, losing one more game than Mizzou, and, irony of all ironies, actually losing to Mizzou. I stand by my Tigers, and proclaim they'll always be number one in this alum's heart.

There are air duct cleaning folks here at the spa today, with all kinds of fun looking tools that are faintly reminiscent of the chimney sweep in Mary Poppins. However, the guys look more like Nirvana grunge fans than Dick Van Dyke, which is rather disappointing.

I followed a woman on the way in to work today who has reindeer antlers attached to the driver and passenger windows on her SUV. This, to me, is just one notch above the people who stick wreaths on the grills of their cars during the holidays. Of course, now that I think about it, we'll probably become those people after M gets too old to scramble around on the roof and has to satisfy himself with decorating objects closer to the ground.

As if raising a child, working full-time, owning a home, putting 3,000 lights on our house and having 50+ people over for a big party aren't enough to keep us busy, we've officially begun the application process to start working on our MBAs. Yes, we're doing it concurrently. Yes, we know it's a lot of work. Yes, we're crazy, but we figure we're also smart enough to make it happen and now is as good a time as any. Classes start January 14. Sleep deprivation starts January 15.

M has the Grand Lighting Show nailed down, and has just a few minor details to attend before Saturday's party. I, however, have a basement of holiday cheer to put together. Thankfully I've done this enough times that I can get it cranked out in an evening or two. And with M in Rhode Island again this week, I'll have lots of spare time to work. At this point, I'm quite pleased that our Christmas cards are already in homes across the country. That alone is an accomplishment that I haven't been able to achieve until this year. Perhaps being so far ahead on those gives me hope that I'll be able to adequately manage my time and actually study for a Masters.

We have a new nail technician here at the spa, and as with all new service providers, she's doing complimentary services for a few weeks to learn our protocols and practice and gain confidence. Alas, I shall take one for the team and get a French Spa Manicure and Spa Pedicure today. It's a rough job, but someone's gotta do it.

M has grown by huge leaps and bounds in fatherhood, as evidenced by the fact that he didn't even wince when Zozo upchucked all over him after breakfast on Saturday. The old M would have not only recoiled in terror, he'd have started wretching himself. The new and improved M took it in stride, and so has earned the fatherhood equivalent of the Purple Heart: the Green Stomach.

Zoe spent of much of the weekend under the weather, which meant she also spent it in her mother's arms. As much as I want her to feel better, it was bliss just being able to hold my baby for any length of time again. Not so much the baby any more, though, which was reinforced by the added task of finding something to do with her long legs while I held her. We worked it out, though, and snuggled under cozy blankets all weekend.

Just a few disparate thoughts running through my addled brain this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home