Thursday, July 19, 2007

Spinners and floaters

I've recently learned, thanks to Michelle and Ryan, that there are new wheels out on the market that are just as cool as spinners.

For those of you who don't know, I have a strange fascination with spinners. I know, I know. I'm a middle-aged white mom in suburbia. And yet, if I had money to burn, I'd put spinners on my four-door mom-mobile sedan. They crack me up to no end. I saw some today on a big ol' SUV and darn near wrecked because I was so mesmerized by them.

Let me clarify that I only like the good spinners. Not those cheapo ones that get hung up and spin only sometimes and just generally look like crap. Nope. I like me the real expensive kind, that are smoooooth.

Anyway, there are new wheels now called floaters. They do the opposite of spinners, which, of course, spin even when the car is not moving (hence the name). Floaters don't move, at all, no matter how fast the car is going. So it looks like your car is gliding down the highway.

How fun is that?!

I haven't had a chance to google them yet, and really see them, nor have I seen any, you know, in real life. For all I know, Michelle and Ryan are cracking up laughing as they read this, squealing, "Wahhhh haaaa haaa! She bought it!" There may be no such thing as a floating wheel. But it sounds great, doesn't it?

I asked M if I could get spinners on one side of my car and floaters on the other side. Or spinners in the back and floaters on the front. He said no. Party pooper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home