Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Full House

Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing those you hold well.
-Josh Billings

I've been Zoe'd. I am missing my most favorite bottle of nail polish. It's been missing for quite some time, so who knows where she's stashed it. I've given up hope of finding it anytime soon, so I've replaced it with a similar color, which is lovely but not my favorite. Unfortunately, my favorite was a limited edition color, so I can't just get a new one. I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

Her new favorite place to stash things is our paper shredder bin, which, unfortunately, sits in the kitchen for convenience. Turns out it's not so convenient to have to dig her toys out of the bin every day. And she's sneaky about it, too. Most of the time we don't even realize she's stuffed something in there until we're either missing something and looking all over for it (no, the nail polish isn't in there) or I happen to catch a glimpse of bright color amongst the white and cream colored shred.

Also, last night, while I watched, she reached up and was able to touch/press the paddle that allows our fridge to dispense water. Uh oh. This means that she can also reach the paddle that dispenses ice. Either paddle has the potential to wreak havoc upon our kitchen, and quite possibly our daughter since her noggin is located directly within gravity's reach of the dispensed items. For the first time in the history of our fridge (which is like 8 or 9 years now), I enabled the button marked "Lock" on the keypad for the water/icemaker controls. Those people who built locks into appliances are so freakin' smart.

I love the fact that I have to check my paper shredder for children's toys, and that I have to use the lock feature on my appliances. I love that, because it means the best feeling in the world when I get home and have little arms wrapped around me (and a tiny hand patting my back, as she is wont to do now, maternal instincts kicking in at 22 months). All this happens, and I think, "How did I get so lucky?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home