Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It's raining, it's pouring...

Management meeting today, which can get quite contentious.

After two years of these, I suppose I'm hardened to them, and what happens in them.

Today, though, we had a newbie, someone who was recently promoted onto our management team. Poor soul.

We stopped the meeting several times to check on her, make sure she was understanding the flood of information, and make sure she wasn't drowning in the cross-talk. We also had to explain to her that it's not an official management meeting unless people yell, at least four times, "Let me finish!"

It was kinda fun to see someone else get that deer in the headlights look, and remember back when I used to feel that way. I'm a hardened marketing director now, though, and can walk out of the meeting without feeling like I've just been beaten to a pulp. Ahhhh, feels good!

All hell's breaking loose with a storm right now. Love storms. Except when we lose power, which is not fun. We could use the rain, too.

Just found out that while we were in the management meeting, someone drove into the shoe store across the street. Which is strange in and of itself, but even more so given that in just the last couple of years someone drove into the shoe repair store not a mile up the road. And this while it was clear and sunny outside. I suppose it's raining in the shoestore now, which is sad, because a shoe is a terrible thing to waste.

M is in KC tonight, returning late tomorrow night. I will miss him, but I will also take this opportunity to sleep in the exact middle of our king-size bed and eat crap for dinner (shhh, don't tell him that last one. I plan to tell him I had a sensible dinner of chicken and vegetables).

That's about it from here. Wish I had more, or at least something more interesting, but it's just been one of those days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home