Saturday, July 29, 2006

Red-y To Help

Beans and I got our mani/pedis last night. Well, I got a mani/pedi, Beans got just a pedi. Our toes are happy. I went with Dutch Tulips on the toes and a classic french on the fingers. To keep them looking good, of course, I can't do any dishes for awhile. (Hint hint M!)

Came back and played with Zo in the library for awhile, ate some dinner (Sam's pizza), played some more and went to bed. It actually felt like a normal evening, which was very welcome after this last week.

Yesterday afternoon I went back to Red Cross to pick up some "Preparing for a Disaster" brochures for our employees. The spa recently got in a new OPI color, Red-y to Help, which is a special edition color commemorating the 125th anniversary of the American Red Cross. A dollar from every bottle sold goes back to the Red Cross. I had happened to mention it to a couple friends when I was donating blood Thursday and they said, "Oooo, bring me a bottle and I'll buy it!" It's a very pretty wine red with some shimmer to it...perfect for fall and winter, and I'll be darned if I didn't sell all 12 bottles yesterday! I even got the head of Financial Development (fundraising) and the CEO to buy! Anyway, if any of ya'all are interested, I can get bottles for you. They are only $9.14 with tax, and it goes for a good cause. Just let me know!

Right now, Zozo is down for her morning nap, M is out working on Christmas, and I'm doing laundry and picking up the house. Sometime today I have to run out to Dad's and get the kitties. Dad and Judy integrated them into the house gradually, and now all four kitties are co-existing in the general living quarters. Not sure how they did that given Tachi's penchant for beating up Max every time she sees another cat, but I'm thinking they have a real future in cat training.

This afternoon we're going to the Z family reunion. Given the sheer number of us, I'm thinking it's going to be pretty packed. Am looking forward to it, and excited for Zozo to meet her extended family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home