Monday, July 31, 2006

Back to the grind (and happy to be here!)

It's so nice to be back to normal again. Whatever "normal" is. I mean, being back in our own home, on our regular schedule. Feels like a vacation!

Today I start some advanced customer service training here at the spa. It's called "The Customer" and is all about making the most of our assets to better serve our customers, both internal and external. I mainly serve internal customers, but sometimes I have the chance to directly interact with our clients. And all of my marketing efforts do impact those clients so I think this can only be a good thing.

Got here early this morning (7:30 a.m.!), as M and I carpooled, and I'm already feeling quite productive. I got Mitch's printer fixed so he can print from his computer again. I responded to two voicemails from Friday, and zipped through my new e-mail messages. Am currently wondering if Stefster is back in town (her town, not mine, unfortunately) as I can't remember exactly which day she returns from her kick-ass (or ass-kicking...I'll wait to hear from her) hiking trip around Mont Blanc. I sure have missed her, although part of me is glad she was gone during the power outage as she didn't have to listen to me gripe for 8 days about having no electricity.

Zozo was so happy this morning! She always wakes up happy, and it just sets my day off right to walk in and see her beaming little face. I got some alone-time with her yesterday and I soaked up every second of it. After her lunchtime bottle, she flipped over in my lap and held on tight and we just rocked and snuggled. It's the best feeling in the world. Then, after her nap, I went back in to get her and she was so excited to see me that she gave me a "hug." My heart just melted. I am so very blessed to have her.

So, yeah, even though it's Monday morning, I'm in a great mood. I'm going to get my green tea and clean up my desk and log the sales of my Red-y To Help nail polish (maybe I could be in sales after all!) and run my Monday morning reports and check my on-line gift certificate purchases and IM M and see what he's up to, and probably call Steffi's work line to get her voicemail and see when she's returning...

In training today from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., and I'm really looking forward to it.

Many thanks to Beano for Zozo's activity table. She absolutely loves it and crawls right over and stands up at it. She already has her favorite buttons, and I can see how much it's going to help her with learning to walk. You are an awesome auntie, Beans!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home