Thursday, June 12, 2014

Ups...and downs

I was so looking forward to my boss's return from out of town today, until he got back and shocked the shit out of me with news I was not expecting. That was not a great way to end the work day.

Zoe's softball game was played in the rain, again. Second game In a row. We called it in the fourth tied at 10-10. My umbrella blew inside out. Of course it did. The girls thought that was the funniest thing they had ever seen. I could do nothing but laugh with them. My scorebook was soaked but we persevered!

M had 30+ guys over to the house tonight as a reunion from his last retreat. It was awesome. Girls weren't allowed so Zo and I hung out upstairs and listened to the raucous laughter. Those guys had a blast and I was reminded again what a wonderful parish we have, what incredible friends we have, and how blessed we are to be able to welcome them into our home.

I looked down the stairs to get today's image, knowing that there was no way a still shot could capture what I was feeling. This is pretty rare for me.

Tired and blessed, tonight. Tired and blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home