Sunday, January 12, 2014

journey

12:365

Today I journeyed.

Up to the Old St. Ferdinand Shrine with my ACTS sisters for our mini-retreat.

Through a couple of testy "discussions" with a cranky husband. (He calls them discussions. I call them fights. To-may-to, to-mah-to.)

Through some inner turmoil that has been lurking for awhile but is still buried just deep enough that I can't quite identify it yet. It's a latent unease, and it'll bubble up soon enough into the daylight, I suspect.

Into my feedback forms from my talk Thursday night. I've been told now, multiple times, that I speak too fast. Uh, yeah. This has been an issue since I started talking. If my advertising prof couldn't slow me down by making me give entire damn presentations over again, from the beginning, I doubt it'll get fixed before I present next month. But I will try. I promise I will try.

The weekend is gone, journeyed through and to which I will never return. It's okay...there are far worse ways to spend a weekend and most of it was really good. I just wish there was more weekend and less week.

Also. I need to start writing more and photographing more. This may be where the unease lies. Not doing the things that nurture my soul.

Yep. That's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home