Monday, June 10, 2013

renewal

163:365

His tags expired in January. Not that either of us noticed, nor did the state of Missouri feel it necessary to send the renewal reminder. The first cop gave a warning, which we also forgot about. Two days later the second cop gave a citation, which is a little harder to forget. Tags expired in January but two cops in two different municipalities notice on the same weekend? That's just bad luck. Or rather, the complete drainage of the good luck that kept him from being pulled over before early June.

And of course the damn thing needed tires to pass inspection, then a new rear stabilizer bar.

So here we are. Many hours and several hundreds of dollars later and we are legal again. Still no AC and the drivers seat is ripped and there's the big ol' door dent and M says the synchros are going out in 2nd and 3rd and the last storm cracked the windshield...but the state of Missouri says we are free to go forth and drive.

In January 2015, someone please remind us that our plates are due.

(I would like to point out, before my little sister does, that this indeed is a trend in our family. My plates were once several months overdue, which we did not notice until she saw it and told us. So this is definitely a weakness for both of us. I hereby appoint my sister to be our official license plate monitor. See what happens when you open your mouth?! I would also like to point out that I never got pulled over with my expired plates and M did twice. Therefore my offense is somewhat less egregious. That's my story anyway.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home